The Inverter Compressor was first developed by Toshiba, Japan for commercial use with Cooling Appliances like Air Conditioner. While the general types of compressors consume high electricity, the inverter compressors utilize electricity in an optimized way.
Normal inverter compressors always operate at the same speed, whereas, inverter compressors changes speed when the demand fluctuates. It regulates the flow of refrigerant throughout the refrigeration cycle.
Having so many advantages, there are some disadvantages to the inverter air conditioner too. At the end of the article, you will be able to understand the typical pros and cons of inverter compressors clearly.
- Can an Inverter Air Conditioner help the user?
- Advantages of Inverter Air Conditioners
- Drawbacks of Inverter AC
- Power Consumption Calculator of Inverter AC
- Frequently Asked Questions
Can An Inverter Air Conditioner Help To Reduce Power Consumption?
An inverter air conditioner works with the help of a cooling substance called refrigerant. The main component of such a cooling system is the compressor. It changes the phase of the refrigerant by compressing it through condenser, evaporator, and throttle valve.
The refrigerant gets heated with a high temperature of the room when it passes through the condenser. After that, the refrigerant is throttled to the evaporator (to the outdoor unit) releasing heat to the outside of the room. This process is called the Refrigeration Cycle.
Instead of the general type of compressor, an inverter air conditioner is built with the inverter compressor. It has some great advantages over the commonly used compressors that can help the user to minimize power consumption in a large extent.
Advantages Of Inverter Air Conditioner
- Inverter air conditioners use electricity in an optimal way. Generally, more the fluctuations in electrical load and higher the working volume of the room lead to frequent operation of the compressor at fast speed. It results in higher electricity consumption. In the case of the inverter air conditioner, the speed of the compressor varies with the working load, minimizing the electricity bill.
- Inverter Air Conditioners also work great when there is a fluctuation in the load like marriage hall, indoor events, conference room, large offices.
- Using an Inverter air conditioner may help you save the money and the extra expense can be recovered within a few months.
- It is suitable for all size of rooms. In a big room, it may consume a bit more electricity compared to a smaller room as electricity consumption depends on the load. Higher the room size more will be the load.
- Uniform and constant room temperature can be maintained inside the room if you use an inverter air conditioner.
- If you plan to use solar power for cooling, inverter air conditioners are the most popular choice.
- It can cool down the room at a much higher rate than non-inverter air conditioners.
- In Inverter air conditioners, the noise and vibration are significantly reduced.
Here is a video by LG on the advantages of a twin rotary inverter compressor.
Disadvantages Of Inverter Air Conditioner
- The biggest disadvantage of an inverter air conditioner is the high price. The inverter compressor is an advanced type of compressor that has a complex design leading to higher manufacturing costs. Check Price of LG 1.5 Ton Inverter Air Conditioner on Amazon.
- Comparatively higher repair and maintenance costs than non-inverter air conditioners.
- The effectiveness of cooling may decrease if the outside temperature is too hot, near 46°C.
FAQ About Inverter AC
The Inverter AC is built for lower electricity consumption than the non-inverter air conditioner. Despite of a little higher maintenance cost, it is good to use for all sizes of rooms including the small bedroom to the large halls for events. However, it involves a much higher cost than normal air conditioners. So, if you want to focus on the electricity savings and higher budget, Inverter AC can be a perfect choice for you.
Yes. It is good to use at home. It has higher performance, efficient cooling capacity, faster cooling time. Though the price is on a higher range, the extra cost can be recovered within a few months due to the lower running cost.
Inverter AC saves electricity up to 60% compared to the commonly available AC as some reputed brands claim. Electricity consumption by inverter air conditioners depends on the working load. Higher is the load, more is the cost of electricity. But it does not cost the user unnecessary consumption of electricity.
Most of the inverter air conditioners are built to perform in a wide range of voltage. Many of the inverter ACs from reputed manufacturers work in a range of 100-290V voltage so that the fluctuation of voltage does not affect the performance. Because of this, no stabilizer is required for inverter AC.